It’s time, once again, for the statewide phenomenon that is the Pennsylvania Farm Show! This year, it’s all happening at the PA Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA, from Friday, January 4 to 11, and member cideries from the PA Cider Guild will be on site, sharing local craft cider with attendees. Exciting news: For the first time ever, the cideries will also be selling their wares, so you can take home a bottle or two of any ciders that you try and love!
Each day, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the North West Corner of North Hall, look for signs and grab a map when you arrive to find the PA Cider Guild table. Meet folks from the the following PA cideries, who will be in attendance on a rotating basis:
- Frecon Farms (Boyertown, PA)
- Ploughman Cider (Biglerville, PA)
- Threadbare Cider (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Good Intent Cider (Bellefonte, PA)
- Big Hill Ciderworks (Gardners, PA)
- King View Mead & Cider (Mt. Lebanon, PA)
- Armstrong Valley Winery (Halifax, PA)
- Stone & Key Cellars (Montgomeryville, PA)
- Dressler Estate (Downingtown, PA)
- Brother Monk Ciderworks (Northern Cambria, PA)
- Wyndridge Farm (Dallastown, PA)
Guests 21+ can enjoy free 1-ounce samples, and shop bottles to bring home. Most of the cider vendors accept cash and cards, so help support local makers and stock up your fridge with plenty of PA cider! Look for the handy guide to pairing PA ciders and cheeses that the PA Cider Guild is distributing, so you’ll know exactly what local cheeses to take home with your new ciders.
Also, if you’re going to be attending the Farm Show on Saturday night, be sure to stop by the Main Hall to hear the results of the 3rd Annual Cider Competition to be announced at 7:30 p.m.!
If you’re at the PA Farm Show, this year, please stop by to say hi, learn more about the PA Cider Guild and try something new.